About Edward Segal, RCE, CAE
Edward’s Credentials Include:
- Vice President, Public Relations Strategies for Return on Investment, Inc., one of the top 20 advertising firms in the Washington DC area
- CEO of the Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Association of REALTORS®
- Communications director, government affairs director, and CEO of the Marin County Association of REALTORS® in Northern California
- Marketing strategies columnist for the Wall Street Journal’s StartUpJournal.com
- Senior media relations consultant for Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
- PR advisor to dozens of corporations, organizations, and state and federal agencies
- Author of two public relations handbooks and several articles on PR-related topics that have been published by the National Association of REALTORS® and state REALTOR® association magazines in Florida, Texas, Michigan, Georgia, and New Hampshire
- Media relations and presentation skills coach
- Writes a blog on PR tactics for the Center for the Exhibition Industry Research
Edward’s advice and expertise are based on his experience as:
- The marketing strategies columnist for the Wall Street Journal’s StartUpJournal.com.
- Public relations consultant to dozens of corporations and organizations including the Consumer Electronics Association, E-Myth Worldwide, the Marriott Corporation, and national, state and local REALTOR® organizations.
- CEO of the Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Association of REALTORS® and CEO, Communications Director, and Government Affairs Director of the Marin Association of REALTORS® in Northern California.
Edward’s articles on a variety of public relations-related topics have been published by the American Society of Association Executives, National Association of REALTORS® and state REALTOR® association magazines in Florida, Texas, Michigan, Georgia, and New Hampshire.
Edward has placed thousands of news stories about and provided advice to corporations and organizations including the Marriott Corporation, clients of Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, trade associations, and federal and state agencies.
Edward is the author of two PR handbooks including Profit by Publicity (iUniverse), a how-to PR guide for REALTORS® which was the basis of an e-book, audio book and live and online classes. He is also the author of Getting Your 15 Minutes of Fame, and More (Wiley & Sons), a PR handbook for businesses and organizations. Edward was a contributing editor for Present with Power, Punch and Pizazz! a book about public speaking and presentation skills by Arnold Sanow and Henry J. Lescalt.
Presentation Skills Coach
Edward has coached thousands of business executives, entrepreneurs, and public officials on how to deliver successful presentations to any audience and deal effectively with the media. The list of organizations for which he has provided coaching includes the National Association of REALTORS®, California Association of REALTORS®, E-Myth Worldwide, Consumer Electronics Association, National Electrical Contractors Association, U.S. Census Bureau, Ford Motor Company, Greater Washington Board of Trade, Humana, and Group Health Association.
Edward is the former marketing strategies columnist for the Wall Street Journal’s StartUpJournal.com, and a freelance writer whose articles have been published by the New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, the American Society of Association Executives, and national and state REALTOR® associations.